!For reductions in your accident frequency and severity, as well as, reductions in your security and liability exposures contact Hospitality Safety & Security Services.
Hospitality Safety & Security Services, Inc.
3010 N 39th Terrace
St. Joseph, MO 64506
PROFESSIONAL ROLES :
- Safety & Security Expert With More Than 30 Years’ Experience, including over 25 years in Hospitality Consulting
- Conducted Thousands of Physical Safety & Security Evaluations of Various Properties Throughout the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean
- Provide Safety and Security Advice to various Hotel Clients, Golf Courses, Retirement Facilities and Apartment Communities
- Allied Member of the American Hotel and Lodging Association – Loss Prevention Committee
- Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers – Management Practice Specialty – Hospitality/Service Branch
- Recipient of the World Safety Organization – Certified Safety Specialist (CSS) Designation
AREAS OF EXPERTISE :
- Mike Cazel specializes in a wide range of Hotel Safety and Security Issues, including
- OSHA Compliance, Emergency Procedures, Crisis Communication, Associate Safety
- Concerns, Accident Investigation, Adequate/Inadequate Security; Security Operations,
- Guest/Visitor Liability Issues, Safety & Security Program Development, Safety Training and
- Training Development on various issues including Back Injury Prevention; Preventing Slips,
- Trips & Falls; Kitchen Safety – Preventing Cuts, Burns & Machine Injuries; Bloodborne
- Pathogens; Hazard Communication; PPE – Personal Protective Equipment, etc.
- His areas of expertise include Hotels, Golf Courses, Retirement Facilities, and Apartment
- Communities, Manufacturing Environments, Governmental Entities and Hospitals.
- Vice President, Hospitality Risk Controls (2001 to 2011)
- Director of Safety & Security Services, Hospitality Risk Controls (1996 to 2001)
- Regional Director, Hospitality Risk Controls (1990 to 1996)
- Manager Loss Control, Gallagher Bassett Services (1984 to 1990)
- Safety Specialist, Kansas City Safety Council (1983 to 1984)
- Manager Safety & Security, North Kansas City Hospital (1981 to 1983)
- Safety Specialist, St. Joseph Safety Council (1980 to 1981)
- Director, Missouri Council On Criminal Justice (1978 to 1980)
- Chief Deputy, Buchanan County Juvenile Office (1973 to 1978)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (1986 to Present)
- ASSE – Management Practice Specialty Hospitality/Service Branch (2004 to Present)
- World Safety Organization (1986 to Present)
- AH&LA Loss Prevention Committee (2010 to Present)
- Certified Safety Specialist (CSS) – World Safety Organization
- Advanced Safety Certificate – National Safety Council
- Approved Safety Consultant – State of Pennsylvania
- “OSHA Recordkeeping” - The Rooms Chronicle (2006)
- “Is Your Hotel Prepared for an OSHA Inspection” - The Rooms Chronicle (2006)
- “ Will You Survive an OSHA Inspection” – The Rooms Chronicle (2007)
- “OSHA Compliance” – ASSE Newsletter
- OSHA Compliance, Safety, Security & Guest Liability Issues – Hyatt Risk Management Regional Seminars (1990 to Present)
- Accident Investigation, How to Survive an OSHA Encounter, Detailed Bloodborne Pathogens, Liability Management & Incident Reporting – Marcus Hotels (2006 to Present)
- Travel Safety & Security – Safety & Health Council of Western Missouri & Kansas (2008)
- Risk Management, Safety, OSHA Compliance & Security Issues – Mid-America Hospitality Forum (2005 & 2007)
- Accident Investigation – IMA Client Seminar (2007)
- Risk Management, OSHA Compliance, Safety & Security Issues – Stonebridge Hotels General Managers Meeting (2006)
Chad Callaghan is the Principal for Premises Liability Consultants, a sole proprietorship that provides consulting services and litigation support to commercial facilities and law firms. He also serves as the Safety & Security Consultant to the American Hotel & Lodging Association. He is formerly the Vice-President of Global Safety & Security - Americas for Marriott International, having had responsibility for the safety and security for all Marriott businesses and brands in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. He has served the loss prevention profession for 37 years and Marriott International for 35 years.
Mr. Callaghan currently serves on the Board of Directors for ASIS International and is a member of the Council on Litigation Management and the CSO Roundtable. In the past, he has served as the Chair of the Lodging Sector for the Department of Homeland Security Commercial Facilities Coordinating Council, Co-Chair of the ASIS Guidelines and Standards Commission, Chairman of the American Hotel & Lodging Association Loss Prevention Committee and the Security Planning Councils for the Atlanta and Salt Lake Olympic Games.
Mr. Callaghan has been a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) since 1984, a Certified Lodging Security Director (CLSD) since 1999, and attained the Certified Security Consultant (CSC) designation in 2006. In 2001, Mr. Callaghan received the Raymond C. Ellis Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Hospitality Industry and, in 2002, received the Presidential Award of Merit, both from ASIS International. In 2007, he was recognized as one of the “Top 25 Most Influential People in the Security Industry” by Security Magazine. In 2008, Mr. Callaghan was awarded the “Lifetime Achievement Award” from Hospitality Lawyer.com.
Mr. Callaghan has authored several articles on safety and security in the lodging industry and contributed to the reference book Security Business Practices. Additionally, he currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for Corporate Security and Hospitality Law publications. He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Houston, Cornell University, Georgia State University and Delaware State University.
A native of Atlanta, Georgia, Mr. Callaghan received a BA degree in Communications from the University of South Florida in 1974 and did graduate work at Georgia State University. He has a wife and two sons and resides in Atlanta, Ga.
Larry Bodenhamer is a Liaison with the Law Enforcement Community at the Federal, State & Local level.
Since joining Hospitality Safety & Security Services, Larry has been a liaison with our various hotel clients and handles various Safety & Security issues for these clients through on-site surveys, telephonic conferences and crime prevention assessments.
Larry's background includes thirty-five years of law enforcement experience, including twenty-four years as a state criminal investigator working major crimes. Larry also completed a three year assignment to a federal terrorism task force, where he was assigned to an international terrorism squad and he worked four years on a local drug enforcement unit. Larry was one of the first investigators assigned to the lottery and gaming division in his state agency.
Education includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and specialized training in homicide investigation, terrorism, interviewing and interrogation, and narcotics.
Larry resides in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Wayne Sanders has more than thirty years of multi-disciplinary safety experience, education and training in occupational safety and health management, premises safety, and forensic safety.
As a safety consultant and Area Director for Hospitality Safety and Security Services, Inc he provides services to clients in the areas of occupational safety and health management, and premises safety. The services involve analyzing a client’s safety program and the subsequent development and implementation of program improvement initiatives using engineering controls, management practices, process improvement methods, and staff training. On behalf of clients he conducts periodic safety program audit and review services including facility inspections. On average he conducts approximately 60 facility reviews annually.
Wayne’s forensic safety services focus on litigation consultation and expert witness support for premises liability safety cases, and cases involving occupational safety and health related injuries. When working on behalf of an attorney client he evaluates physical conditions, human factors, applicable standards, factors specific to an incident, management practices, normative versus substantive safety, standard of care, and foreseeability. Wayne’s work with attorney clients includes slip/trip/falls, falls from windows, burns, furniture, equipment guarding, carbon monoxide, AED, and swimming pools cases.
Wayne’s hospitality industry career includes positions as Regional Director of Loss Prevention for Marriott Hotels and Resorts; Distributor for Vingcard and Schlage Intellis electronic guestroom lock systems; and Independent Consultant / Regional Director for Hospitality Risk Controls, Inc.
Wayne is active in the American Society of Safety Engineers, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (Safety Technical Group and Forensics Professional Group), and National Floor Safety Institute (Certified Walkway Safety Auditor).
Mike Noellsch is a Liaison with the Law Enforcement Community at the Federal, State & Local level.
Since joining Hospitality Safety & Security Services, Mike has been a liaison with our various hotel clients and handles various Safety & Security issues for these clients through on-site surveys, telephonic conferences and crime prevention assessments.
Mike's background includes nearly thirty years of law enforcement experience, including twenty-two years as a state criminal investigator with experience in the following areas:
- Homicide & Major Crimes
- Criminal Street Gangs
- Rural Crimes
Mike served as the Supervisor of the Troop H Criminal Investigation unit for eight years and was assigned to the FBI as an anti- terrorism investigator for four years. Mike also served three years as the statewide coordinator on Criminal Street Gangs.
Education includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture and specialized training in homicide investigation, narcotics investigation, criminal street gang investigation, terrorism, and interview and interrogation techniques.
Mike resides in Northwest Missouri.
Darin Redding is a professional consultant with over 20 years of experience in diverse markets such as manufacturing, hospitality, engineering, construction and real estate.
Darin’s operational exposure has included working at both the plant and corporate levels. Darin spent several years as a facilities safety manager, developing and writing a variety of documents and manuals aimed at plant safety, OSHA compliance, operation, maintenance, and repair. He also prepared and wrote inspection and maintenance procedures for combustible dust collection, materials processing equipment, and powered industrial vehicles.
With active consulting assignments throughout the United States, Darin currently serves as a safety consultant and Area Director for Hospitality Safety & Security Services, Inc. Duties include assisting clients with all aspects of general safety including emergency response, bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication/right to know, electrical safety, confined space, lock-out / tag-out, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, powered industrial vehicles and personal protective equipment. Darin also instructs clients in the areas of accident investigation, root cause analysis and accident prevention.
Darin shows his clients how to improve OSHA compliance using tools such as computer based education, metrics, and other interactive media taking advantage of emerging technologies available on the Web. Darin has developed software titles used in the collection of data related to regulatory compliance and loss prevention, and in the creation of lock-out / tag-out procedures. He has conducted countless training sessions in hospitality, manufacturing, construction, and health care.
Darin enjoys traveling, computer programming, and spending time with family. He is a lifetime resident of San Diego, California.